Monday, November 8, 2010

Semester Home Stretch – How to Prepare

WFU Business School Headshots 8-20-09 20 more days!!

In case you weren’t counting, I counted for you! Only 20 more days of school! I am certain that at this time, you are feeling overwhelmed with upcoming tests and deliverables. It’s that time of year.

Whenever I feel this way, I say to myself, what do I need to do today? That’s all I can do. I’ll do that and then tomorrow, I’ll figure out what I need to do tomorrow. You can only tackle the workload and studying one day at a time. If you spend time thinking about all that needs to be done between now and Dec. 9, you’ll drive yourself crazy! And, you’ll be wasting your time.

So, my advice to you is to tackle your workload one day at a time. When 20 days are over, you can celebrate the great sense of accomplishment you’ll feel from completing the fall semester.

While you’re celebrating over the holidays, the admissions department and I would like to ask for your help on another project. If you are going back to your hometown over the holidays, we’d like to ask you to meet with prospective students while you’re there. There is nobody better than you to give prospective students a realistic preview of your program. There is nobody better to talk about the Wake Forest experience than you!

I know that our student ambassadors do this kind of work throughout the year, but we are asking all students for their help during the holidays. If you are interested in having breakfast or lunch with a prospective student in your hometown, please contact Allison Neal in admissions - allison.neal@mba.wfu.edu.

And remember, only 20 more days!!

~ Sherry Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment